La Salle Bleue

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

THANKSgiving

Well, normally Quinn and I sleep in, get up, establish space on the couch in the family room during the parade and then the dog show that's usually on USA until I squeal with delight at seeing the Springer Spaniel (or maybe this is New Year's Day...I forget), eat something, probably move to the basement, then there is the general round of showers and then we relocate to the G-rents' house.

There we stuff ourselves with veggies, dip, chips, and peanuts, and split cokes with the good ice cubes that Grandma Rosie buys at the grocery rather than making the big ones like we do. Normally there is knitting involved and the parents/grandparents talk and talk. We eat dinner at the table set with special little place cards and small pilgrim figurines (our ancestors came over on the Mayflower, which I obsessed about during my colonial phase). We have turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, cranberry sauce (usually made with Nova Scotia cranberries picked by the G-rents themselves), salad, wine, and then pumpkin pie.

Oh, and it's normally around Quinn's birthday, so she also opens presents. Then she and I retire to the basement where we watch TV until Mom decides that Dad has napped long enough on the couch and it is time to go home.

Jishka shared Thanksgiving with us for a couple of years, so she knows the drill. This entire story may seem very normal to you, but I assure you, my family is still a huge circus - even though there are only 6 of us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You forgot the part where they show me the picture of the World's Most Extreme Tides in Novia Scotia!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home