La Salle Bleue

Friday, April 25, 2008

farewell to Third Grade

Today I went back to school for my going away party. There were snacks and best of all, Manwich. I believe there is a prior post that explains the significance of manwich.

I showed the slideshow I made for all of them and handed out my little cards with the quote from "The Littlest Birds" - "You pass through places and places pass through you but you carry them with you on the souls of your traveling shoes." I told them to think about it as poetry and they did:)

And ohmygosh the presents. Flowers and cards and poems and jewelry (handmade), a lanyard (love it...see Billy Collin's poem "The Lanyard")...and a big sign with a big sailboat that said how much they would miss me. It was soooo sweet.

Tomorrow is graduation, but really it's just the ceremony since I have more classes and such still. Sigh. Oh well, the parentals are coming and I get a gown with weird sleeves and a fancy hood. It'll be cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home