La Salle Bleue

Friday, April 20, 2007

Friiiiday

So I'm like buzzed up on iced espresso. I've always enjoyed a caramel latte or something but lately have switched to iced coffee which turns out to be less like iced tea and more like iced caffeine. I get all jittery, but it doesn't stop me from getting the grande size everytime I venture somewhere to do work. I cannot do work in my house for there are far to many distractions and I associate my house with laying on the couch or playing on my computer, so the thought of doing work here is sort of depressing.

In other news, we are getting a puppy. Actually, this is probably not news to anyone as I am obsessively forwarding the pictures on a regular basis to nearly everyone I know. I feel like a little kid right before Christmas. I love Bilge with all of my heart, but I cannot wait for little paws and ears and puppy breath again. It's been 9 years since we've had one and I just cannot wait. Too bad the little devil will arrive right after I get my wisdom teeth out. I only have three, but they are not in ideal positions and I've been warned that I will be out of it for at least 3 days. My mom thinks that surely I will be able to drag myself off of the couch to clean up a puddle or two.


Points of obsessing at the moment:

-I went to the Dr. in January due to a sinus infection and they weighed me. My weight was the same as it was like 4 months earlier and I tend to trust the dr's scale. I weighed myself not 4 weeks later at a friend's house and it showed that I was 7 lbs heavier. That's about as much weight as I put on in college and subsequently lost while walking all over Rome, Paris, Pompeii, and Venice for two weeks after that. Regardless, I feel as though I would notice if I had put 7 lbs on in a month. Convinced that said friend's scale was wrong, I weighed myself at the gym last night - same 7 lbs heavier. I think I eat well, I mean I eat like 4 meals a day in 4 hour increments, speed walk to class, walk the dog at least twice a week or walk on the treadmill, and really don't snack very much. I'm slightly baffled by said weight gain and am rather bothered by it.

-I walked the dog today and while wearing shorts outside for the first time in months, discovered a small strange spot on my leg amongst the spider veins which are another point of occasional obsessing. Said spot looks an awful lot like a small hickey, which it is not, although Camille is convinced I let a kitten give me a hickey on my calf. This is not true...gross. A quick pix message to a med school friend and online convo about it ended with me being advised to wait a couple of days and that it is probably just a bruise and not a kitten hickey. Well thank goodness. Regardless, of course I sit here believing I have leukemia like Izzy's daughter on Grey's last night or perhaps something worse. Camille's response to all of my leg/foot/knee/appendage issues is "let's cut it off". No thank you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

DD often tells me she thinks a random body part needs to be cut off. I forget what the latest one was, but it might have been her foot.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home