La Salle Bleue

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

quotes from the 3rd grade

an ongoing list as I start my life as a 3rd grade teacher:

"Are THOSE ballet flats???" - little girl running up to me at recess

it's nice to have someone who appreciates the value of first day of school shoes:) (9/4)


"I really like duck tape..." - the start of one boy's "I like" paragraph (9/5)

"I love me some SHRIMP!" - a boy's response to me asking him if he liked seafood (9/6)

"Circuit City...where I got my PSP..." - a boy drawing his favorite place (9/6)

"Someone was whining the other day and I started singing "Hush Little Baby" and when I got to the line about "and if that diamond ring don't shine", 2 kids jumped in and finished the line with "papa's gonna buy you a bottle of wine"...yeah, kids grow up pretty fast around here..."

- My CT, 9/19

"When you get sick, does your spit taste gross?" - boy in class to my CT
"Um, maybe you should ask Ms. G****** that." - my CT

10/10

"Sally, it's all a mindf***." - My CT on the management of a classroom...boy was he right.

"Now you need to write a detailed reflection about this staff meeting...did you know that?" CT

"What if I don't WANT to push the tables that way (ignoring principal's need for the staff meeting arranged a certain way)...wait, I shouldn't be saying these things around you."

"I have a filter."

"You're going to need a LOT of filters."

CT-Me-CT 10/10/2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home