La Salle Bleue

Thursday, April 26, 2007

the aforementioned kitten hickey

has turned out to just be some sort of "Bilge jumped on me with his big fingernails" wound. It is now a scab. Thank you all for your concern.

I just had a facial-ish thing at a medically based spa where I buy my facewash. She was just going to do some treatment I had a few years back, but instead did a "peel". My face is pink now, but it feels good. This bizness is kind of expensive, but then I'm like, well, it's my face. I should take care of it. I know you're thinking, well, but peeling off the top layer of skin is probably not taking care of it. That's possible, but I trust my face lady whose name is Joy.

3.5 pages left to write for my last paper for the ut. It's about how the excessive pride of Americans in the late 1800s and on led them to settle the American west which really is just a big desert and there really shouldn't be any farming on that land. Then the bureaucracies, congressmen, etc. went dam-building CRAZY and dammed every freaking river and stole water from here and there so that the idiot Americans who moved out there could sustain a life. Sorry, my western friends, but seriously...and LA is probably the worst of these situations.

Which brings me to another thing. People who live in places that are prone to being ravaged by natural disasters. If you live at the base of an active volcano, it should not be the government's responsibility to make life all better for you when the volcano blows. Likewise, don't move somewhere where it is impossible to farm without irrigation. And do you know who was behind most of this dam-building in the heyday? FDR. What would the environmental Dems say about that today?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mushelbyman said...

hey sally...its shawn. Lets do lunch sometime. Byeee

11:11 AM  
Blogger von Nostrand said...

The dam projects stopped Americans from starving in the 1930's because the Republican administrations of the 1920's turned a blind eye to the money-grabbing actions of business leaders. The same projects that created the dams also helped create some of the beautiful buildings on college campuses that we enjoy today and expanded our beautiful state and national parks. (When you see a big forest in Northern Michigan, thank FDR.) However, the greatest thing that these dams did was provide cheap electricy to the poorest places in the country, espcially Appalachia.

As for the irrigation issue, almost all farmers use irrigation of some form, but places such as Las Vegas (especially the commercial enterprises) use way too much water.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home