La Salle Bleue

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

fo sheezy

I normally haul my freaking umbrella everywhere, but for some reason, I decided to switch bags during finals (had 2 today - the two harder ones so woooo hoooo) and now it is POURING down rain. I am in the lab waiting it out, I guess. Not much else I can do since it's quite a hike to my car and also I am wearing my suede/cork clogs. Apparently I can only focus my intelligence toward book learning or common sense - never the two at the same time.

During my econ final, the sky got really dark when I was around question #12 out of 50. The tornado siren started blaring and our prof was like, um, I'll go check on that. He comes back and says, "Just keep taking the test - someone will come in here if...ya know..". Awesome. I can see the headline now..."75 students perish while taking Micro-econ final while on the FOURTH FLOOR OF A BUILDING during a tornado".

There are these pretty flowers on this bush we have outside of our house and also they were outside of the Winter Palace. They look like they are made of frosting (sounds weird, I know), but they smell heavenly. I have no idea what they are but I think they might be my second favorite to lilies of the valley - a scent which apparently is the only floral scent that no one has succeeded in replicating as a perfume.

Ahh, these tidbits:)

Ummm still raining.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

I loved those flowers.

Re: the tornado sirens, in my lab on the tenth floor, when the sirens go off, they're usually followed by a mad rush to the windows to see if we can see a funnel forming. When we do, it's usually follwed by "hey guys come look" and a crowd of scientists standing by the window watching the whirlygig come down from the sky. Granted we're pretty safe from actual destruction because of the mountains or something. But still.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't remember those flowers. But I do miss those magnolia types outside of Sturges. Sigh, next spring!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home